Translate

Wednesday 18 April 2012

The powers of water?

Do you let students drink water in your lessons?
I hadn't thought much about this until I read this article posted online in the The Star, a Canadian news network. The reporter, Stephanie Findlay, states that UK researchers have studied university students and have come to the conclusion that students whom take a water bottle into their exams scored 4.8% higher than those that did not.
I found this to be an interesting study. For me this reinforces my view to allow students to drink water (I only allow students to drink water, no juices, if is spills then it won't leave a sticky residue) The article can be read using the link below. Enjoy the read and I would like to here your thoughts on this subject. Do you allow students to drink in your classes?
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1163551--why-taking-a-water-bottle-to-an-exam-could-turn-your-b-into-an-a

Thanks
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment